J.D., Georgetown University, 2001
B.A., Boston University, 1997
summa cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa
Mr. Vaccaro, a partner at Gaskins Bennett Birrell Schupp LLP, is experienced in the litigation, trial, and appeal of cases involving commercial disputes, product liability, insurance coverage, and civil rights law. He has represented individual and corporate clients, as plaintiffs and defendants, in the state and federal courts of Minnesota and throughout the United States. These matters have involved claims of death, serious personal injury, property damage, and significant business loss.
He has litigated and arbitrated complex commercial cases between sophisticated parties in the financial and manufacturing industries. He has defended product liability and other personal injury cases arising out of various products–aviation, chemicals, construction, consumer and commercial heating, industrial controls, dairy equipment, and medical devices. He has represented insurers and insureds in litigation involving Commercial General Liability (CGL) policies, Errors and Omissions (E&O) policies, Directors and Officers Liability (D&O) policies, and Homeowners policies, among others. He has also represented clients in litigation involving civil rights, real estate, and securities law.
Mr. Vaccaro’s experience includes litigation between individuals, among multiple parties, and in the class action context. He has also served as local counsel in significant litigation matters throughout the State of Minnesota.
- Complete summary judgment victory for Fortune 50 industrial conglomerate in $350M+ lawsuit relating to catastrophic steam turbine failure
- Rule 12 dismissal of $37M commercial business interruption claims on behalf of Fortune 50 industrial conglomerate
- Defense verdict in insurance coverage dispute. Previously obtained favorable summary judgment ruling dismissing claims of bad faith, misrepresentation and violation of Unfair Claims Practices Act. Briefed and argued appeal, securing affirmance.
- Partial summary judgment for water valve manufacturer as to strict liability and breach of warranty claims, followed by dismissal of remaining failure to warn claim on the first day of trial.
- Summary judgment for gas control manufacturer in wrongful death case stemming from explosion and fire.
- Summary judgment for insurer in Miller v. Shugart coverage dispute involving Professional Services Liability Policy.
- Favorable verdict in defense of personal injury lawsuit affirmed on appeal.
- Defense verdict on oppression and frustration of continued employment claims under the Minnesota Limited Liability Company Act.
- Summary judgment for defendant landlord in purported mold exposure personal injury case.
- Summary judgment for insurer in coverage dispute involving real estate closing company.
- Dismissal of commercial claims against Singapore-based technology company on grounds of lack of personal jurisdiction.
“Rising Star,” Minnesota Law & Politics, 2006 – 2014
American Bar Association
Hennepin County Bar Association
Minnesota State Bar Association
United States District Court, District of Minnesota
United States District Court, Western District of Wisconsin
United States District Court, District of North Dakota
United States Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit
United States Supreme Court